What's new
Digital Marketers Forum

Digital Marketers Forum is a forum and marketplace for digital marketing news, topics, and services. Our resources help users earn money online with current methods and actionable strategies that make more traffic, higher rankings, and online success easier to achieve.

How long did it take to make your first $100 in affiliate marketing

GarrickHayes

New member
Joined
Jul 27, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
I’ve posted a few links, but zero sales so far. For those earning steady income, how long did it take before the payouts started coming in?
 
My first $100 didn't come for a long time because I invested a lot of time into learning rather than producing. The first 100 bucks showed me how important traffic was over the products that I promoted. I wish I knew to invest more time into getting traffic rather than searching for the "perfect" affiliate offer.
 
My first $100 didn't come for a long time because I invested a lot of time into learning rather than producing. The first 100 bucks showed me how important traffic was over the products that I promoted. I wish I knew to invest more time into getting traffic rather than searching for the "perfect" affiliate offer.
The part about focusing more on traffic makes a lot of sense. You can have a great offer, but it won’t matter much if not enough people are seeing it.
 
This might sound a little weird, but I sometimes ask my friends to use my affiliate link when they're planning to order something anyway. That's actually how I earned my first few dollars. It's a small start, but it helped me realize that you can make use of the people around you without pressuring them to buy things they don't need.
 
This might sound a little weird, but I sometimes ask my friends to use my affiliate link when they're planning to order something anyway. That's actually how I earned my first few dollars. It's a small start, but it helped me realize that you can make use of the people around you without pressuring them to buy things they don't need.
None taken! Honestly, that’s a pretty practical way to get started. It feels good when your first earnings come from something simple like that, especially when you're still figuring out how affiliate marketing works.
 
My first $100 didn't come for a long time because I invested a lot of time into learning rather than producing. The first 100 bucks showed me how important traffic was over the products that I promoted. I wish I knew to invest more time into getting traffic rather than searching for the "perfect" affiliate offer.
Honestly, it's easy to get caught up in finding the perfect product and forget that people need to see it first. Even a great offer won't do much if it doesn't reach the right audience.
 
Top