What's new
Digital Marketers Forum

Digital Marketers Forum is a forum and marketplace for digital marketing news, topics, and services. Our resources help users earn money online with current methods and actionable strategies that make more traffic, higher rankings, and online success easier to achieve.

Is it better to have 1,000 active followers or 10,000 quiet ones?

KieranDune

New member
Joined
Jul 27, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
I see accounts with huge follower counts but only 5 likes per post. What’s your engagement rate look like, and how do you keep followers actually commenting?
 
In this case, I would prefer 1K active followers because they would engage with the content and provide some value for the brand. It can be in the form of comments, likes, shares, and even monetary value. The bigger audience with no engagement is often useless for a business, whereas a smaller active audience is a great opportunity for interaction.
 
In this case, I would prefer 1K active followers because they would engage with the content and provide some value for the brand. It can be in the form of comments, likes, shares, and even monetary value. The bigger audience with no engagement is often useless for a business, whereas a smaller active audience is a great opportunity for interaction.
Same here. What’s the point of having 10K followers if hardly anyone interacts with your content? I’d rather have a smaller audience that actually comments, shares, and engages because that’s what helps a platform grow.
 
Same here. What’s the point of having 10K followers if hardly anyone interacts with your content? I’d rather have a smaller audience that actually comments, shares, and engages because that’s what helps a platform grow.
True, although having 10K followers can help make the account look more established, it doesn’t mean much if there’s barely any engagement. A smaller audience that actually likes, comments, and shares your content can be much more valuable in the long run.
 
Top