What's new
Digital Marketers Forum

Digital Marketers Forum is a forum and marketplace for digital marketing news, topics, and services. Our resources help users earn money online with current methods and actionable strategies that make more traffic, higher rankings, and online success easier to achieve.

Total newbie checking in! What marketing jargon confused you the most at first?

CarolDavis

New member
Joined
Jul 24, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Decided to take the plunge and start learning marketing this week, but opening up these forums feels like walking into an advanced math class. Between ROI, SERPs, and CPM, my head is spinning a bit! What was the one piece of marketing lingo that took you the longest to grasp?
 
I was really confused by the idea of attribution and the different allocation methods when I was first starting out. I remember thinking that first-click, last-click, and multi-touch attribution were all incredibly vague and assumed that everyone in the industry knew exactly what they were talking about when they used these terms. Once I finally understood how the allocation process worked for different channels, everything became much clearer.
 
Top