What's new
Digital Marketers Forum

Digital Marketers Forum is a forum and marketplace for digital marketing news, topics, and services. Our resources help users earn money online with current methods and actionable strategies that make more traffic, higher rankings, and online success easier to achieve.

What's the single best change you made to reduce abandoned carts?

BrendaVance

New member
Joined
Jul 24, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
2
Looking at my store stats and seeing a ton of people add items to their cart, but around 85% leave without buying. If you could only recommend one tweak—like pop-ups, guest checkout, or free shipping—what saved the most sales for you?
 
I would have a popup message appear if you change pages asking the customer if they want to leave the cart or continue shopping. The pop up will trigger whenever you try to move out of the shopping cart anytime during the checkout. I would also probably have a pop up appear if you navigate away from the main site while you have items in the cart. I think offering free shipping or a discount should be lower in priority.
 
Top